Friday, December 10, 2010

A pumpkin seed adventure

Growing up my family & I use to carve pumpkins out almost annually and I can still remember all the pumpkin guts being piled everywhere on the kitchen table and my dad always pretending to throw up all of the pumpkin innards. Carving pumpkins used to be on of my favorite activities to get my family into the holiday spirit. This year, my nephew & I carved pumpkins and roasted the pumpkin seeds. We used a very basic recipe and needless to say the seeds also turned out quite bland- edible & delicious still, but was missing a certain taste that I craved. After Halloween and Thanksgiving, we were left with 3 perfect pumpkins ready to be gutted, peeled, and boiled in order to use for any an every pumpkin treat we can think to tickle our taste buds with. We also had an overwhelming amount of seeds to roast and enjoy for the next week or so. We wanted to try a couple different recipes with the seeds, have both spicy and sweet seeds, but when we came across this recipe, we decided we wanted to do all of them this way. Spoiler alert: these were the tastiest seeds that I had all season. Next time you have some seeds to make delicious, try this recipe and I promise your taste buds will thank you later. Feel free to leave comments on your experience with this recipe or links to your favorite pumpkin seed creation. Until next time, happy gluten free baking to You!
Xo
Mom & Me

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment